17 April 2006

Vincent Cross's 'My Space' site

Vincent Cross reports:

I have just set up a 'My Space' music site which I can put tunes and videos and photos on. This is the first time I've had some of my material on the internet and so, as you can imagine, I'm a little chuffed. Some of you have my stuff, others haven't, so I thought I would send out a general e-mail. Sorry. I hope to add new and old material on a frequent basis. So I would love to hear back about any suggestions.

Vincent, formerly with the Doblin Bros band in Galway, has been based in Switzerland for some time now. We asked whether he'd made contact with the very active Swiss bluegrass scene.

Yes, I managed to meet up and play and even put on a gig a couple of weeks ago. I was lucky to play with the Sunny Mountain Grass guys, and also the Bluegrass Family; we even did a gig together - I will put up some pictures. Presently, I am still in Switzerland, but my girlfriend is in New York so I have been back and forth three times recently. Great scene over there; I've played in loads of jams. My friend Kimberlee took some photos. Last week I had the chance to play with Chris Thile from Nickel Creek; he was very friendly and encouraging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home